Windermere Golf Club is inviting candidates to apply for the post of Golf Operations & Admin Assistant.
Situated in the UNESCO World Heritage Lake District National Park, Windermere Golf Club is thriving members club and popular destination for visiting golfers and societies. Golf is the name of the game at Windermere, and due to business growth, we’re looking for someone to lead and be actively involved in the day-to-day golf operation.
Based in the golf shop & office, the successful candidate will be responsible for all golf operations including customer service, managing the tee booking system, Club competitions, golf retail, administration, and visitor bookings.
As a proactive member of the team, the successful candidate will provide members, visitors, and employees with a professional and positive environment and ensure the highest standards of customer service are always delivered.
Golf Club Manager
The role will include responsibility for golf operations & admin including:
Golf Administration & Bookings:
• Providing support for and administering all member and visitor enquiries over the phone, via email, and in person including membership enquiries and visitor golf bookings.
• Assisting with the administration of club memberships in terms of applications, renewals, and resignations.
• Daily takings reconciliation and general golf club administration.
• Administering and delivering club competitions, rules and results in line with the agreed playing calendar.
• Liaise with the Captains of the Club regarding all club competitions and attend meetings as required.
The Golf Shop:
• Managing the golf shop stock including ordering, merchandising and stock control.
• Ensuring all customer needs and enquiries are dealt with in a consistent, professional, and swift manner.
• Delivering a high standard of customer service to members and visitors.
• Maintaining a professional appearance of the golf shop.
• Opening and closing the golf shop, cash handling and administration.
• Managing the hire services such as buggy and trolley availability and presentation.
• Assisting with Club events such as competitions and social functions.
• Communicating effectively to members, visitors, co-workers, and other internal departments such as the greenkeeping and bar/catering teams.
The Successful Candidate will:
• Ideally have a passion for the game of golf and a keen eye for the industry standards.
• Be used to working in a fast paced, customer facing environment and be a good communicator in person and over the phone.
• Be able to work on their own and use their own initiative whilst working as part of a small team.
• Have a ‘hands-on’ work ethic and a positive “can do” approach.
• Be extremely organised, able to plan their day and complete tasks within set timescales.
Employee benefits include discounted golf club membership, free car parking, staff uniform and discount on golf equipment and food. A competitive rate of pay will be offered based on qualifications and experience.
The role involves working 40 hours per week over any 5 days from 7 including weekends.
To apply; please email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the role; call the office on 015394 43123 option 2
Closing date for applications: Sunday 19th September 2021