Windermere Golf Club is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for the post of part time Bookkeeper and Golf Administration Assistant.
Based in the Clubs golf reception; the post involves being responsible for the bookkeeping, accounting, and administration of all aspects of the day to day golf club operation. Additional responsibilities will include golf sales and administration when required.
Golf Club Manager
The role will primarily include responsibility for:
Bookkeeping & Accounting (using Sage Accounting)
• Daily takings reconciliations, recording and banking.
• Suppliers Ledger invoices and payments recording.
• Credit Card payments recording and reconciliation.
• Bank transactions recording of receipts and payments.
• Bank Reconciliations.
• Members’ Gold Card transactions and reconciliations.
• Liaising, investigating, and resolving day to day accounting and administration queries.
Golf Club Administration
• Recording, maintaining, and processing membership records and accounts.
• Membership subscriptions, renewals and collection.
• Assisting the Club Manager with any sales and administration linked activities.
The role will have secondary responsibility for:
Golf Shop & Office
• Providing support to the golf shop and office team when required.
• Assisting with face to face and phone enquiries from members & visitors.
• Golf and retail sales and merchandising.
• Ensuring a friendly and professional service is delivered to all members and visitors whilst maintaining high standards of presentation in the golf shop, office and clubhouse.
The Successful Candidate will:
• Be a strong team player with an ability to work on their own and work to deadlines.
• Have the ability to adapt to changing priorities, multi-task and have organisational skills, commitment and discipline to see work through to completion.
Specific Job Skills:
• Knowledge Sage accounting preferable.
• Accuracy in work and attention to detail.
• Experience of working in a Golf Club environment an advantage but not essential as full training will be given.
A competent and experienced user of Windows operating systems and applications including SAGE accounting and MS Office Suite – particularly Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to learn and adapt to new software applications and tools is essential.
Remuneration & Terms:
We have a semi-flexible approach to days and hours required. Hours will be between 24 per week over 4 days between Tuesday & Friday. A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with experience and contracted hours.
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th June 2021
To apply; please email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org