Full Time - Permanent
Windermere Golf Club is inviting applications for the post of full time Greenkeeping Assistant.
Working within the greenkeeping team, the successful applicant will carry out ground maintenance duties as directed by the Head Greenkeeper, ensuring that the golf course is always presented in the best possible condition.
The role will include responsibility for:
• Maintaining the golf course to a high standard of presentation and playability.
• Communicating course information to the relevant persons as required.
The Successful Candidate will:
• Manage the golf course as directed by the Head Greenkeeper, in accordance with the club’s golf course maintenance policy, the health & safety policy and the green keeper’s code of conduct.
• Prepare the golf course for play including cutting all playing surfaces, changing holes and moving markers.
• Operate machinery safely and effectively, care for and maintain machinery, and report loss or damage to the line manager according to policy and procedure.
• Prepare machinery ready for use & clean machinery after use.
• Carry out construction, aeration and turfing work/duties as required.
• Help maintain the irrigation system.
• Ensure the efficient and effective operation and safe handling of all machinery and equipment following policy and procedure.
• Undertake ad-hoc projects and assignments as required.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures and work within the Health & Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessment and HAVS Assessment guidelines at all times.
• Ensure the efficient and effective operation and safe handling of all chemicals following policies and procedures.
• Communicate risks and hazards to the appropriate person.
• Ensure that green keeping premises are secured and locked prior to leaving.
• Undertake any other duties that may be required.
This list is not exhaustive and is designed to provide a guide to the main responsibilities and duties of the role. It is expected that all personnel will undertake duties outside of the scope of this document from time to time.
• Maintain a professional and welcoming approach when dealing with members, guests, visitors, contractors & suppliers.
• Work as part of a team and actively demonstrate a willingness to support and achieve the overall business objectives.
Specific Job Skills:
• Greenkeeping qualification desirable.
• Additional greenkeeping qualifications and licences desirable.
• Have the ability to adapt to changing priorities, multi-task and have organisational skills, commitment, and discipline to see work through to completion.
• Physically fit with a good level of stamina.
• Have a positive “can do” attitude.
Remuneration & Terms:
A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with qualifications, experience, and contracted hours.
The post will involve working any 5 days from 7 per week with two days off. Hours will average 40 per week and include weekends on a rota basis. Hours will revolve around the requirements of the business.
To apply; please email a covering letter and CV alongwith salary expectations to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 10th December 2023