All players are expected to follow the guidelines below:
We have adapted our policies and procedures to ensure compliance with guidelines from golf’s governing bodies and government restrictions. The safety of our staff, members and guests is our priority. Please be assured that the following procedures are in place to ensure we are providing a safe environment to play golf and operate in.
• All players are advised to come to club ready to play, play golf and go home. Players are advised to follow government advice on travelling.
• Windermere Golf Club cannot accept any liability for golfers on the course before 8am or after 5pm. Players on the course in these times are required to STAY ALERT to the “Play Safe Stay Safe” rules for their own and other players safety.
• Players must follow these guidelines. There will be severe consequences for players not adhering to them.
1) COURSE SET UP
Hole & Flagstick
• Our flagsticks are fitted with foam inserts to reduce the depth of the hole and contact points.
• In the interest of fairness and safety to all players, we have implemented a temporary local rule requiring the flagstick to be left in at all times.
• Temporary Local Rule: Players must leave the flagstick in the hole at all times. The ball must be holed with the flagstick in the hole. Penalty for breach of local rule: General Penalty (Loss of hole in match play or two penalty strokes in stroke play).
On Course Items
• Players are advised not to touch anything on the course.
• Players must visually check before playing a blind shot where bells are/were in place such as the tee shot on the 2nd, approach on the 4th, tee shot on the 6th & approach shot on the 16th.
2) BEFORE THE ROUND
• All players must book a tee time online or over the phone and can book up to 14 days in advance.
• Arriving without a tee time and “roll up” groups of players are not permitted.
• Tee times will only be available from half an hour after it gets light in the morning to allow the greenkeeping team time to prepare the course undisturbed.
Arrival and Waiting to Play
• Players should arrive and not leave their car more than 15 minutes before their tee time.
• Park in a car park space leaving a one space gap in between the nearest car if possible.
• Shoes should be changed at your car assuring that social distancing measures are followed.
• Opening hours can be found on the website. No services will be available outside of opening hours.
• Play will be from the 1st tee only. All players should report to the golf shop at least 10 minutes before teeing off. There is a maximum of 2 people allowed in the shop at any one time.
• Individuals must stop and use the hand sanitiser provided before entering the shop & face coverings must be worn.
• Transactions can be paid for with cards (contactless preferred) or by letting us know your membership gold card number for account sales.
• Players should make their way to the 1st tee at least 5 minutes before their tee time and wait by the course information sign. Players should allow the person/group in front to exit the tee before making their way down the path and onto the tee.
• Players should not tee off before their allocated tee time.
3) DURING THE ROUND
• Maintain social distancing by keeping at least 2 metres (6.5 feet) from others at all times.
• Do not touch the flagstick and leave the flagstick in when putting.
• Remove balls from the hole with care.
• Only pick up and touch your own golf ball.
• Do not share equipment such as rangefinders or clubs.
• If marking a scorecard; one person should mark the scorecard for all players.
4) AFTER THE ROUND
• Social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round. When the round is over, players must leave the course via the path past the putting green towards the clubhouse entrance.
5) PRACTICE AREAS
• Players should ensure that social distancing measures are adhered to at all times and general common sense is used to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
• The main putting green and chipping area (by the clubhouse) is open 7 days per week.
• The main practice ground (next to the 3rd hole). Will be closed on Monday afternoons & Wednesdays for our PGA professional to teach and greenkeeping team to maintain. The area will be open on Monday morning, Tuesdays, and Thursday through to Sunday.
• The short game area and old practice nets (by the greenkeepers sheds) will be closed on Monday afternoon & Wednesdays for our PGA professional to teach and greenkeeping team to maintain. The area will be open on Monday morning, Tuesdays and Thursday through to Sunday.
• The old 17th green (next to the 18th tee) can be used for chipping and putting everyday.
• The new practice net by the clubhouse is open. Only 1 person may use the net at any one time.
6) OTHER GOLF RELATED MATTERS
Communicating with us
• Any golf related matters including membership queries, questions and suggestions should be communicated to us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please do not use the golf shop/office as a point of call for general enquiries.
7) CLUBHOUSE INFORMATION
• The clubhouse is open between 8am & 6pm. Anyone entering the clubhouse should sanitise their hands on entry.
• The locker rooms are open for storage only (no changing or showering).
• Face coverings must be worn in all areas.
• All visitors should “sign in” upon entering the bar to enable us to “test and trace” movements for a 21 day period. We are displaying the NHS QR code to scan with the NHS CoVID-19 app.
• One way systems and information signs should be followed regarding social distancing and maximum capacity in areas of the clubhouse.
8) CATERING INFORMATION
We are serving outside food and drink in our marquee between 9am & 6pm.
Table service is provided for groups of up to 6 peopl and all food and drink must be consumed whilst seated.
9) EXTRA INFORMATION ON HOW YOU CAN HELP
• We ask you all to continue to follow the current government guidelines set out by the government and NHS.
• If you are feeling unwell or are showing symptoms such as a cough or high temperature, we politely ask you not to visit us.
• Carry and use hand sanitiser regularly.
Stay safe and take care.